A postdoctoral researcher position is available for a recently funded International Project. The research scientist will mainly be responsible for developing biomaterials (bioinks), modifications, characterization, and testing of them at the 3D Bioprinting Research Group at Sabancı University. The position is for an initial contract period of 2 years, but it can be extended to a longer term based on the qualifications.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Hydrogel biomaterial and bioink development, preparation and characterization
- Modification of hydrogel materials
- Material and mechanical characterizations and testing
- 3D Bioprinting of cell-laden hydrogels
- Staining and visualization and characterization of printed constructs
- Writing project reports, grant applications, and journal/conference papers
- Managing lab related activities (ordering consumables, planning various experiments in the lab., etc.)
- Supervising and training students in the related field
- A Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Biomaterials, Bioengineering or a related field
- A strong background and handson experience in biomaterial chemistry
- Hands-on experience with biomaterials and their processes.
- 3D biofabrication and cell-culture knowledge and experiences are plus.
- Excellent English language skills
How to apply:
Please send your C.V., a cover letter explaining your research interest and future goals, and names and contact details of 3 references to Prof. Bahattin Koc at email@example.com